Founded in 1991, Leadership SLO has over 1,000 graduates.
Leadership SLO is a county-wide program designed to bring participants out of their “comfort zones.” It’s a rewarding way to learn new things, make friendships that will last a lifetime, explore personal biases, and learn new leadership styles and ways of handling diversity in opinions and people. Our philosophy is simple: We will help you become a better person, and as a consequence, will build a better community. Leadership is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization governed by the San Luis Obispo Community Leadership Foundation, Inc. It is an independent program of the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce.
We are a diverse corps of leaders advancing the educational, cultural, health and economic interests of SLO County citizens.
- Develop and maintain a diverse corps of leaders with dynamic and innovative visions for the future.
- Inform, challenge, inspire and motivate leaders to enhance their effectiveness.
- Provide an open forum for relationships between corporate, cultural, educational, agricultural, health, nonprofit, environmental leaders.
- Serve as a vehicle for research, planning and community information.
- Encourage and guide Leadership SLO graduates to remain engaged in Leadership SLO for the long term.
1) Alumni Engagement
We will foster pathways to have a highly engaged alumni base that is beneficial to alumni, the community and the Leadership SLO program.
2) Enhance Operations
We will enhance Leadership SLO operations to increase effectiveness and long-term success.
Leadership SLO will be an intentionally inclusive organization that reflects a geographic, cultural, age, life experience (socio) economic and gender balance between the private, nonprofit, public and voluntary sectors.
4) Amplify the mission of Leadership SLO
We will amplify the mission of Leadership SLO to provide an open forum for building relationships while we inform challenge and inspire leaders.
FAQ’s (frequently asked questions)